Infographics and Visual Data
- Self-paced instruction
- 16 video lessons
- 2.5 hours of lesson content
- Design and writing exercises
- Led by an industry expert
- Lifetime access
Who Should Take This Course
Marketers, Copywriters, Journalists, Content Strategists
Skills You Will Learn
Principles of information design—Sequence, Parts to a Whole, Scale, etc.
Identify and utilize trends in infographics to maximize shareability
Distill complex information and transform it to a smart infographic
Do your research, distinguish between sketchy and reputable resources
Generate relevant infographic ideas for your brand, website or business
Compile data, conduct background research and flesh out ideas from start to finish
Build flat and dynamic infographics using free and low-cost tools and resources
Successfully navigate the design process from idea to completion
Why Take This Course
Show don’t tell. The way to get readers to engage with your content is through smart, visually appealing infographics. Next to video, infographics are one of the fastest and most effective ways to deliver information and grasp complex topics.
This course will teach you how to conceptualize, design and produce infographics using free and simple tools. You will learn how to organize information, determine the right graphic elements, structure your visual in a logical way and share the infographic with your target audience.
Build a Powerful Foundation for Ideas with Infographics
- Lesson 1: The Power of Infographics
- Lesson 2: Forms/Uses of Infographics
- Lesson 3: How do you Approach Infographic Design?
The Fundamentals of Good Design Information
- Lesson 1: The Process – Idea to Wireframe Design
- Lesson 2: Presenting Data – Options
- Lesson 3: Great Tools for Creating Flat Infographics
From Static to Motion
- Lesson 1: Your Infographic in Many Forms
- Lesson 2: The State of the Art Motion Graphics
- Lesson 3: Creating a Simple Motion Graphic
Interactivity and Release
- Lesson 1: Why Interactivity is so Important
- Lesson 2: Simple Ways to Use Interactivity
- Lesson 3: Plan the Release of Your Infographic for Maximum Effect
About the Instructor
Amanda McCormick has worked with a wide variety of organizations including the New York City Ballet, the Film Society of Lincoln Center, startups Bitly and SocialFlow, Bertlesmann, and Lifetime Television. She is driven by a passion for equipping brands and businesses with powerful digital tools and communications strategies and has crafted custom training programs on digital and communications topics for AOL, Comedy Central, VH1, Time Inc, and many others. She blogs about the intersection of technology and branding at her blog, Jellybean Boom, and she is a frequent speaker on technology, social media, and writing on the web.