WHEN Materials available starting July 11
CERTIFICATE Use this course to earn a certificate in Ad Copywriting.
From information gathering to shopping to wanting to connect or be entertained, more and more of our daily interactions take place online. This class will focus on the craft, style, and strategy of writing compelling brand copy for the web.
Through weekly assignments, you'll learn how to carry concepts past headlines, recreate real-life sensations online, and craft copy that lingers in the consciousness long after the user has left a site. Copywriters new or seasoned will find techniques to move effective communication from the printed page to the Web and mobile devices.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Write benefit-driven web copy that's both engaging and succinct
- Create copy for social networks and curated content for branded communities
- Talk with art directors about new digital options
- Figure out which media (traditional or new) is best for your marketing message
- Adapt your style for social media messaging, mobile content, or a proper landing page
By the end of class, you will have:
Experience (and portfolio samples) to apply to web, mobile and social media copywriting.
- Lessons: Learn new skills through written lessons
- Discussions: Join a weekly live, interactive discussion via IM and video
- Assignments: Complete homework and receive instructor feedback
- Forums: Exchange resources, meet peers, and ask your instructor questions
Derek Scheips's Courses
Brand Writing (Starts June 17)
Brand Writing (Starts September 16)
Copywriting for the Web (Starts September 26)
Copywriting for the Web (Starts July 11)
Copywriting for the Web (Starts May 16)
"I appreciated Derek's experience and willingness to share what he's learned to give us a leg up. His lectures were full of information that will be useful to me for a long time." -- Sally Moe
"Derek is an exceptional instructor. He is extremely knowledgeable, resourceful, patient, and really wants his students to be successful. He provides the tools and information to help attain your web copywriting goals. Take his course!" -- Sandy Cogan
"Derek is very friendly and approachable. He is very casual and always makes the chats fun. This was a very enjoyable class." -- Courtney Adams
"Derek is a wonderful instructor. He is an expert in his field and relayed material in a clear, concise, and easy to understand fashion. He was a pleasure to learn from and I hope to take another one of his courses soon!" -- Lisa Plummer