Are you dragging yourself to get to the office on a Monday morning, dreading the upcoming week? Downright bored from start to finish? You may have simply outgrown your job.
Courtesy of a piece on Business Insider, here are a few telltale signs.
1. You’re bored. Let’s face it — being intelligent is a blessing and sometimes a curse. You’re too smart for your job and constantly underwhelmed by your assignments. Per the piece, this will make it challenging for you to concentrate and stay focused. If you rely on sugar, coffee and oh yes, more sugar to stay alert then it’s time to look for a new gig.
The piece mentions: “If it doesn’t feel worth it to speak up, or your ideas fall on deaf ears, it might be time to look for a position where your brainpower is put to better use.”
3. Your coworkers are stuck. It’s hard to soar with eagles when you work among turkeys, right? Well, if your colleagues can’t keep up with your pace when you dish about a complicated problem and accompanying solution, it might be a sign they’re not intellectually stimulating you. Sure, they may be friendly and may have a strong work ethic but it won’t help you if you’re not moving forward.
It’s like sports: You won’t be able to improve your game if you’re playing with people who are “below your league.”
- Three Toxic Beliefs to Ditch About Your Career
- Want to Boost Happiness? Survey Suggests Stop Looking at the Clock
- Morgan Spurlock on 'We the Economy' & His Greatest Lesson Learned
- Quit Your Job to Pursue Your Side Hustle? Shark Tank's Daymond John Weighs In