Ah, the micromanaging boss. They’re in your business, watch your every move and you just want them to take a step back and trust that you’re a competent employee.
According to a post on Psychology Today, there are a few ways to handle your micromanager. That’s right — we’re talking about managing up.
1. Over share. When your boss incessantly asks question after question, in the piece Lynn Taylor suggests providing too much information. Instead of wanting to resist by withholding information, go ahead and share, share away.
In the piece she writes, “Make it a habit to routinely send updates to your boss, such as weekly emails. Anticipate questions she might ask. Organize regular meetings designed to keep your questioning boss in the loop.”
- Five Antiquated Office Supplies in Honor of Throwback Thursday!
- Monetary Items to Consider Before You Resign
- Survey Shows Biggest Summer Regret: Not Taking Enough Vacation Time
- Time to Ditch Workaholism & Being First One In, Last One Out