Looking for a top-notch ghostwriter? I'm a #1 bestselling Hachette Book Group coauthor who ghostwrites and coauthors books for clients. I'm a Pulitzer Prize-nominated investigative journalist who writes for Reuters, Newsmax and other media outlets. I worked as a reporter at the Los Angeles Daily News and other newspapers for two decades and as executive editor of Charisma magazine. I've won over two dozen journalism awards, including 2011 and 2012 Folio: Eddie Awards, two 2015 Florida Magazine Association Charlie Awards, and a Pulitzer Prize nomination. I'm a member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors, the nation's premier association of nonfiction writers who have met ASJA's exacting standards of professional achievement. I'm also a member of the Association of Ghostwriters and Investigative Reporters & Editors. I'm represented by one of the nation's top literary agencies whose authors have sold over 250 million books.
Books & Literature
Magazine - Large Consumer/National magazines
Newspaper - National
Total Media Industry Experience
Media Client List (# assignments last 2 yrs)
The Huffington Post (100 million readers) (3-5), Reuters (1 billion readers) (10+), Newsmax (14 million readers) (10+), Outreach (30,000 circ.) (10+), Pacific Research Institute (6-10), Rebel (100,000 circ.) (6-10), Watchdog.org (1.2 million readers) (6-10), Charisma (5 million readers) (10+), MainJustice.com (3-5), NBIZ Magazine (30,000 circ.) (10+), Inland Empire (190,000 circ.) (3-5), Angies List (3-5), Christianity Today (2.6 million readers) (6-10), Human Events (1.4 million readers) (3-5), Consumers Digest (700,000 circ.) (1-2), Los Angeles Daily Journal (20,000 circ.) (1-2), National Wildlife (650,000 circ.) (1-2), Bankrate.com (Bankrate Insurance) (10+), EB5 Investors Magazine (20,000 circ.) (10+), Townhall (11 million readers) (1-2), Godspeed Magazine (10+), The American Spectator (1-2), Charisma News (5 million readers) (6-10), BizPac Review (4 million readers) (3-5)
Corporate Client List (# assignments last 2 yrs)
Gener8Xion Entertainment (10+), WDC Media (10+), SpareFoot (6-10), Los Angeles County Business Federation (6-10), Significant Federation (3-5), The Return International (6-10)
Other Work History
- Book Ghostwriter and Coauthor, Freelance Writer, and Executive Editor and Communications Director at The Return International (2021-Present)
- Godspeed Magazine: Senior Editor (2020-2021)
- Charisma and Charisma Media (5 million readers): Executive Editor (2014-2016)
- Magazine Writer / Reuters (2011-2014)
- The Press-Enterprise (2 million readers): Editorial Writer / Assistant Editorial Page Editor (2011)
- Los Angeles Daily News (2.5 million readers): County Government / Enterprise Reporter (1999-2010)
- Inland Valley Daily Bulletin: Local Government / Investigative Reporter (1997-1998)
- Medford Mail Tribune: Police / General Assignment Reporter (1996)
- Nevada Appeal: Capitol Bureau Chief / Investigative Reporter (1991-1995)
- Cottage Grove Sentinel: Intern (1991)
- University of Oregon News Bureau: Hometown Writer (1990-1991)
- Oregon Daily Emerald: Freelance Writer (1989-1991)
Editing, Editorial Design, Photography, and Screenwriting.
CCI Newspaper Editing System, InDesign, Joomla, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Computer-Assisted Reporting, Blogging, Internet Research, Facebook, Twitter, Excel, Word and other software.
Pentax K100 Digital Camera, Laptop Computer, Canon Digital Video Camera and Digital Audio Recorder.
Work Permits & Visas
Available upon request.
During my career, I've won more than two dozen local, state and national writing awards, including 2011 and 2012 Eddie Awards (Folio: magazine's prestigious journalism awards). As executive editor of Charisma, the magazine won two 2015 Charlie Awards (the top award from the Florida Magazine Association) for best overall writing and design, and two 2015 Folio: Eddie Awards' honorable mentions for full issues of Charisma. In 2004, I was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize for a Los Angeles Daily News foster care series that contributed to what were described as "revolutionary" national reforms. In 1998, I won a national first place award from the Donrey Media Group for an investigative series in the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.
American Society of Journalists & Authors (ASJA)
Investigative Reporters & Editors
Association of Ghostwriters