WHEN Materials available starting July 11
ALSO STARTS: Online - 9/12/2013
A blog can help you stand out, whether you're an author building your marketing platform, a freelance writer creating an online portfolio of clips, or a business owner growing your customer base.
Learn how to design, promote, and maintain a blog to build your authority as a writer, forge connections with an audience, or drive sales for your brand.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Choose a blogging platform that's right for you
- Design, organize, and archive your blog using categories, tags, and photos
- Use effective tagging, SEO writing, and comment management to develop an audience
- Integrate social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Digg, Stumbleupon)
- Build connections with your blogging community with link sharing
By the end of class, you will have:
A blog complete with a mission statement, profile page, a basic knowledge of HTML, and 8-10 blog posts.
- Lessons: Learn new skills through video-based lessons
- Discussion: Join a weekly live, interactive discussion via IM and video
- Assignments: Complete homework and receive instructor feedback
- Forums: Exchange resources, meet peers, and ask your instructor questions
"Claire was one of the best instructors I've had thus far at Mediabistro. She was extremely knowledgeable, gave good, solid feedback, and provided the collaborative learning environment I was looking for. She went above and beyond. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to take this class." -- Tricia Chatterton-Goldrick