WHEN You can begin your certificate coursework at any time. We offer all certificate courses multiple times throughout the year.
All classes are available online, with select classes also offered in NYC.
Mediabistro's Digital Journalism Certificate Program provides extensive practical training in content creation for new media platforms. You'll progress through a curriculum designed for media professionals who want to learn how to produce multimedia packages, use social media to report and promote stories, and write and edit for the web. In the electives of your choice, you'll learn more about podcasting, blogging, or online video.
Students in the program also get access to Freelance Marketplace and AvantGuild.
Mediabistro is the premier online education program for media professionals. When you graduate from the program, you will receive a certificate that will enhance your resume -- and your job prospects.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Write and edit clear, compelling copy for the web
- Conceive and create multimedia packages for the web
- Understand the tools and trends that are transforming media
Course of Study
The certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete the 4 required courses and 2 electives within one year. Students receive a letter of completion and certificate suitable for display.
- Multimedia Journalism
- Writing and Editing for the Web
- Digital Production for Writers and Editors
- Digital Content Strategy
Choose Two Electives
- Social Media 101 or Social Media Marketing Boot Camp
- Web Analytics
- Create Your Own Website Using Wordpress
The Mediabistro Digital Journalism Certificate Program includes access for 12 months to the following mediabistro.com resources:
- Freelance Marketplace
Showcase your work and get jobs from managers who need to fill editorial assignments.
Make your professional life a little easier and a lot more productive with premium access to mediabistro.com's career-focused resources, editorial content, discounts, and other member benefits.
Admission and Enrollment
Students have 2 certificate options.
1) Enroll in each required class separately and apply for the certificate when you have completed all requirements.
2) Enroll in the full program for $1650. Only program enrollees receive priority notice about upcoming courses, expedited enrollment, 1 year of access to Freelance Marketplace and AvantGuild.
Courses must be completed within one calendar year. Questions? Email us.