WHEN Materials available starting July 2
CERTIFICATE Use this course to earn a certificate in Public Relations.
In this course, learn how to develop online video, make social media updates, and display multimedia content that will spread your message and reach in all the right places. We’ll also look at keyword search and SEO as it applies to public relations to ensure that your client or organization lands at the top of search results.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Optimize your use of key social media tools including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and smaller niche tools
- Produce and package multimedia digital press releases
- Use keywords to get top search engine rankings
- Find, reach, and pitch key bloggers and influencers
- Measure and track your social outreach efforts
By the end of class, you will have:
A multimedia press release, a list of leading industry bloggers to pitch, and a strategic plan for improving your client’s reach using SEO and social media.
The online classroom has several components:
- Lessons: Learn new skills through video-based lessons
- Discussion: Join a weekly live, interactive discussion via IM and video
- Assignments: Complete homework and receive instructor feedback
- Forums: Exchange resources, meet peers, and ask your instructor questions
Kelli Matthews's Courses
Public Relations: Incorporating Social Media and Multimedia (Starts July 2)