|Back to Home > Courses and Seminars > How-To Videos > Gender Benders: Busting Design Cliches|
Gender Benders: Busting Design Cliches
Aim for a gender-specific audience without falling back on cliched visual language.
Table of Contents
- Introduction (1:31) FREE!
- Gender Concepts (2:42) FREE!
- Gender and Food Packaging (4:28) FREE!
- Magazine Design (4:02) FREE!
- Website Design (4:07) FREE!
- Beauty Concepts for Men and Women (4:05) FREE!
- Architecture (4:18) FREE!
- Liquor Packaging (3:32) FREE!
- Tools and Gender (3:03) FREE!
- Disney and Gender (2:50) FREE!
- Conclusion (2:07) FREE!
Angela Riechers is an art director, educator, and consultant with fifteen years of professional experience designing national magazines including More , O at Home, the New York Times T Magazine, and Harper's . Her writing appears online on the AIGA Voice and Design Observer. She has taught numerous graphic design courses at the City College of New York and the School of Visual Arts. Angela's work has been recognized by the Society of Publication Designers and the Art Director's Club, and was featured in the The Speck Report: A Curious Collection of Uncommon Things. She is a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design, and lives in Brooklyn with her husband and two sons while studying for a master's degree in Design Criticism at SVA.