In-person classes have a dedicated instructor to guide you, assignments to help you make progress, and evening meeting times to connect you with classmates. You’ll get a high level of attention and personalized feedback from your instructor while interacting with fellow students to form new connections. Classes include weekly lessons, workshopping, and assignments. There is also an ongoing online discussion forum where you can connect with your instructor and classmates between meeting sessions.
Women in Media Management
Build relationships and grow your career
- Mondays 6:45-9:45pm ET, 2 sessions full schedule
This class offers women in the media a two-week career consultation that will provide them with the tools they’ll need to grow into management positions. You’ll meet with a small group of professional women to workshop your career goals. This course will teach you how to network with other women and how to reach out a hand out to help other women improve their careers. These sessions will instruct you in goal setting, workplace diplomacy, and provide you with instant feedback and support from your peers.
By the end of class, you will have:
- Built relationships and alliances between professionals who work in a media field
- A road-map to success so that your talents are noticed
- Practical tools to implement when seeking promotions and raises
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Plan your career trajectory and set goals for advancement
- Move from lower and middle-management to upper-level positions without getting stuck along the way
- Ask for what you want at work and react to stressful situations with grace
- Reach out to the right people and maintain connections once you move on from a position
- Develop an effective LinkedIn profile and learn how to promote yourself